Yes, I do give lessons, but with Covid-19 I am severely restricted and I am only teaching those that already have a voucher to redeem. Otherwise, I am not currently selling vouchers or booking lessons.
If you already have a voucher and wish to redeem it, then I will teach subject to the specific notes shown in the shaded box below.
It is not possible for me to teach woodturning without coming into close contact with the pupil. There will, for instance, be times when we touch the same tool because I need to demonstrate how to hold it and it may even be that I need to demonstrate or assist by laying my hand on yours. However, risks can be mitigated and the following guidance and rules are designed to do so.
In these notes, the following definitions apply:
- I / Me / Myself: Richard Hatton, Teacher
- You / Your / Pupil: The person being taught, whether for payment or not.
- Sanitiser: Quick dry gel, min 70% alcohol, which I will supply
- Masks: Min FFP2 masks, which I will supply.
- The above procedures and precautions are intended to prevent the transmission of Covid‑19, but this cannot be guaranteed and attendance is at your own risk.
- Since I have been unable to attend any fairs, and none are scheduled for the foreseeable future, I no longer carry trade insurance. Any teaching would therefore be at your risk.
If you are not satisfied with the above procedures, precautions, and risks, then I am happy to extend any voucher expiry dates or to offer a full refund.
<div><span style=”color: #ff0000; background-color: #e5e7e9; padding: 10px;”>
<ol><li>Masks are to be worn by both myself and the pupil for the full period of the lesson (which unfortunately means I will be unable to supply tea/coffee). You may wish to bring your own bottle of water, but you will need to take a short break outside to drink it.</li><li>Gloves must not be worn. Even smooth nitrile or latex gloves may snag on the revolving wood and trap your hand between the wood and the toolrest.</li><li>Both of us will sanitise hands before and after the lesson, and at any times during the lesson that feels appropriate (I will provide the sanitiser).</li><li>I am unable to sanitise the tools and equipment but will ensure that they are not used for 3 days prior to the lesson.</li><li>Doors will be open at both ends of the workshop to ensure that there is a good circulation of air. This may mean that the workshop is cool or cold, so please come prepared.</li></ol>